Pages

Friday 7 June 2013

Introducing Mandy Dodd ...

our first Guest Designer for June with her delightful layout using the June inspiration.

Most of the strips I used were patterned/reverse side of the barcode/title
strips of 12x12's  cut off to be thrown away, along with any other scrap
paper I could gather.
 
Hi, my name is Mandy (mandysea) and I live in Tasmania in a cottage by the sea and pretty much the sea is our way of life here.
I spend a lot of time photographing my daughters, and also capturing birds, lizards and wildlife with my camera, My scrapping style is probably Shabby Chic with an arty side using mixed media -  paints, gesso, mists, and   lacy bits along with layering and texture techniques. I love to feel these things in my hands and most of all
- I love to see the shadow they can cast. 

If I had some things that are undeniably me - it would be that I love to
match some part of my photo to my background paper.. and sometimes extend the photo into the scrapping area, rarely use pattern paper (because mostly I don't always know what to do with it), and usually draw a border around my papers edge or fold it to suggest a frame. These are not always, but mostly, and while scrapping fall unconsciously into these habits ... they just kind of evolve, sometimes it  works, sometimes it doesn't.

It's not very often I start with a photo - that usually comes last.  I know, I know - is that weird??  But the motivation from either the criteria, technique or the products pretty much takes over and with all the gazillion photos (rolling eyes here) I have stored away- something is bound to fit - right?  LOL!

I was so thrilled to be scrapping with the criteria set for this challenge - how extraordinary and motivating it is!  All those strips of paper!! Straight away, I set about cutting strips and pasting down onto cardstock. At first I thought I would cut out some butterflies from it and use just those.  But as soon as I removed the butterflies, it was the background left behind I loved the most - the negative part.  So the butterflies were set aside!

Thanks soooo much for this wonderful opportunity to be Guest Designer for June!  Too much fun already!
 
Please visit me on my blog www.teacupofscrapisms.blogspot.com


Here are some more of Mandy's amazing pages ...





Mandy, we are so happy to have you join with us at ARTastic. 

 
Remember - you have until the end of the month to get your own interpretations of this month's inspiration to us!  We cant wait to see what you can come up with for your pages for June.  Don't forget someone from amongst the entries will be given the opportunity to guest with us and it could well be you!
 
 
 

5 comments:

  1. What a wonderful page Mandy! Love the strips with the butterfly shapes, pretty bows & photo.

    How lovely you could join us this month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE looking at Mandy's work & this is no exception - what a fab idea, with those negative butterflies & the strips of paper...very inspiring:):):)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Mandy, your layouts are amazing, just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome Mandy! You know I am a big Fan! .....so nice to see you here this month :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aaaaw thanks heaps girls... its really fabby to be here!

    ReplyDelete