Pages

Saturday 15 February 2014

Our second reveal and January winners announced ...

Welcome to our mid month reveal and winner announcement.


We'd like to thank our main sponsors,  James from Alacraft and Julie from Time to Create for their generous support this year as well as Julie from The Scrappers Garden who was our featured sponsor for January.




ARTastic followers can enjoy 20% off at Alacraft with discount code ARTS20.

Alacraft has free product giveaways every month. Please visit the site and enter your email address on the homepage or on the page indicated in the link and you will be automatically entered into the draw for $25 of free products for that month. People are welcome to enter as many months as they like, they just need to enter their email address each time.

 Alacraft is a family business originating from an established bricks-and-mortar store and stocks a range of quality materials including lace, ribbon, yarn, scrapbooking supplies, stickers, iron-on motifs, quilting fabric, craft flowers and much more.

  Check out Alacraft today!



Time To Create is a family business. We share a passion to create, share and develop the best that we imagine!  We only stock products that we use and believe in. Our stock is always priced at the keenest costing we can do. We support Australian manufacturers and many Australian suppliers and try to have as wide a variety as possible.

Try us and see.



January welcomes The Scrappers Garden with the most delightful flower and handmade papercraft and resin range.  Who wouldn't love beauties like these?


Drum roll please ........



And our winners are ...

 Buffy Burnside who has won a $25 gift voucher from Alacraft.  

 

 Irit who has won a lovely prize from Time to Create.

Kathleen White who has won the flower pack from The Scrappers Garden.


Our Design Team favourite as voted on by her peers is Maja.


Could the winners please contact me at jjjustjane@bigpond.com to claim their prizes. 


and now for our second team reveal of the month ....

Remember, we are working with this delightful piece ...

Joshua Miels with Pretender
Criteria - Paint and Ink

and here is what the team made of it ...



I really enjoyed the inspiration for this month, but in order to use it for two comps I had to change the highlight colour from red to yellow. This is my 'little sister' Bronte - I was with her through kittenhood, and then Mum and Dad moved to the coast with her. She is a very special cat - with a special personality - so I needed a very special page. I had a lot of fun with the greys, blacks and whites and getting the textures I wanted, and used several paint splashes to help loosen it up a bit. I was really happy with the results!


LEANNE



I was inspired by the haphazard background and the splash of blue and red.
I couldn’t get my background to work and in my frustration, the paper tore and this is the result!  I thought I might as well tear the washi tape into strips too!  I have painted the bit of pizza box white and then inked the edges. I also inked the flowers and alphas to get the right colour. For that splash of bright red and blue, I popped the flowers and title against the black and white photo.



 DI
 


February's inspiration piece was very striking and I loved the way the background was made up free form, flowing lines, surrounding the image of the woman.
I've used  heavy A3 sized watercolour paper for my background and again used gesso to start building layers. I used a stencil. While it was wet it was spritzed with dylusion ink sprays. These were quite vibrant and to tone them down I re-gessoed (don't know if there is such a word) through a stencil before adding black and red inks and manipulating the paper to allow them to run freely.
The faces were stamped on tissue paper and photocopy paper and are to do with the Legend of the Three Sisters at Katoomba.


JANE


I've pulled the colours from the artwork and the random nature of the paint and ink work.  I was also inspired by the bold black and white portrait and the way the paint made it appear like light was shining onto the face.  This prompted me to use a similar image for my page.



I was inspired by the colour of the photo and the papers for this layout. I used the Distress Stains to enhance the colours and link the different papers together. I stamped subtle effects to create flow. 


AUBRIE


I was inspired by the black and blue in the inspiration piece this month.  The frames for the photos are the extra pieces after I popped out some Blue Fern chippies.  I covered them with foil, then painted the foil with black acrylic paint.  Once that was dry, I used Inka Gold paints for blue accents.


Wonderful work everyone !!

We'd love to see your interpretations of our inspiration this month.

 Remember we happily accept all forms of paper crafting for your entry including digital and encourage international submissions.  All we ask is that you create an original entry for our challenge although you are most welcome to combine with a sketch and/or colour challenge if you wish.  You have until 11.55pm on the last day of the month to submit your entry.
  

Next week we will be introducing you to our second delightful guest designer of the year, Desi Zavatta Musolino.




4 comments:

  1. Congrats to all our winners, & fabulous pages by our DT...all so fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to our January winners.....gorgeous work and loving all the DT's creations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to all the winners....and awesome second team reveal!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd just like to say how AMAZING the entries are so far for the Feb 2014 ARTlastic challenge! WOW. Everyone has been busy! But there's still time to get your page in!

    ReplyDelete