Pages

Monday 25 August 2014

Welcome to our August Guest Designer ...

Drea Slee with her wonderful take on the challenge for this month.



Hello!! My name is Drea Slee, and I'm originally from Southern CA, currently living in Reno, NV in the US with my husband and our 12 1/2 year old son. I've always had a passion for art my whole life, and studied fashion design and merchandising in Los Angeles, CA. Even though I've always kept simple scrapbooks, with ticket stubs and other memorabilia, I didn't really begin scrapbooking until my son was four years old. I love that I can combine different mediums, and use some of my past art skills, such as drawing, painting, and sewing, into my projects. My two favorite techniques are sewing and stamping, and I host challenges for those at Scrapbook.com. I also take my turn in hosting a weekly stamping challenge for the design team that I'm on for Red Rubber Designs. I'm also on the design team for FotoBella, and share a tutorial there once a month, along with projects that I create from their wonderful selection of bundles. You can find a full list of all of my tutorials on my blog  Drea's Scraps of Inspiration

My inspiration from this months beautiful work of art came from the colors and flowers. I used Bo Bunny's Serenity Collection, fussy cutting the branch, and two of the lanterns. I stamped the blue lantern, adding some machine stitching and beads. The flowers were made using my Serenity Blooms Tutorial, with the twist of fabric, which I used for the centers,  and on all of the small flowers. I used permanent ink to stamp the small flowers onto muslin fabric, and cut around the edges, leaving some of the muslin exposed. Then I shaped them with some tacky glue mixed with a little bit of water. After it dried I added beads to the centers. 



Here are a couple of samples of my work, one from each design team that I'm on.  



I'm so very honored to be guest designing here this month, and can't wait to see all of your projects!!


Thank you so much for guesting with us on ARTastic this month Drea. I just love your unique style and wonderful use of paper on your pages.  It has been delightful having you join us.


You still have until the end of the month to upload your own take on our challenge.  We'd love to see what you can do with our inspiration artwork this month and our criteria of fabric (and remember "fabric" can be as simple as adding ribbon, lace, fabric flowers or even a yoyo or two to your page).  


1 comment:

  1. Welcome as a GD this month. Your pages are true work of art.

    ReplyDelete