Pages

Sunday 15 February 2015

Our second reveal for February ...

Another month flashing past!  I can't quite believe it is the 15th again and time for more delightful inspiration from our design team using this wonderful inspiration by Josh Miels for our colour challenge this month.





It is such a gorgeous inspiration picture this month and I fell in love with the colour palette. Even on the photo (of my DD and her friend at their year 7 prom) I altered the colours to fit in with the inspiration picture. 

We would love to see an altered or up cycled project from you for our challenge, and you have got 2 more weeks to play along :)


Last year my In-Laws renewed their wedding vows to celebrate their 50th anniversary. The colour theme was lavender, blue and pink so the colour scheme for this challenge matched in perfectly. And I loved the flowers, I always love flowers! This photo of me and my eldest daughter is one I have been looking forward to scrapping and thought a subtle version of the colours would highlight the fun, loving, family day that we had together.


Not my normal colour palette, but I love the soft feminine hues.  I used flowers in my layout to create a look similar to the feminine look in the painting. Also, the face in the painting is very strong so I chose a  close-up head shot for my layout. There’s a lot going on in the painting with the colour blending and pronounced brush strokes and I have tried to create this sort of depth on my page with layering. I created the back ground with water colour paint, Gelatos and Gesso. I used stencilling, die cuts, chipboard and flowers to build the layers.

JANE
A mixed media background without the media - got to love digital scrapbooking for those of us who don't deal well with the mess :)


The colour palette was so inspirational this month. I loved the tones used as well as the portrait. From the inspiration artwork I have used  the colours, a portrait and the flower theme to make the first page of a mini album. This has been made from canvas, painted with acrylic paint and stamped. I've also added chain stitch, button flowers, as well as chipboard butterflies, painted with Liquid Pearls to the mix.


STINA
 

I just loved the colours on this challenge! I used a lot of different mists, gesso and stamps to create the background around the photo, then I decorated with flowers, chipboard and metal embellishments.


Now it is your turn, we'd love to see what you can do ...

 Remember we happily accept all forms of paper crafting for your entry including digital and encourage international submissions.  All we ask is that you create a new entry for our challenge and you are most welcome to combine with another sketch and/or colour challenge if you wish.  We offer two prizes determined by team vote and one other prize purely chosen by random draw - so anyone can be a winner regardless of style or level of experience.  You have until 11.55pm on the last day of the month to submit your entry.

      Please pop back on the 22nd for our delightful guest designer this month, Cathi O'Neill

1 comment:

  1. Can anyone send me the list of vow renewal location in Austin? I am looking for some unique venue for my wedding vow party which offers some discounts as well. But, right now I haven’t find any beautiful place. Please help me out.

    ReplyDelete