Pages

Saturday 15 August 2015

Our mid August reveal ...

Welcome to our mid month reveal.   We are working with this amazing painting by Kirra Jamison called Over The Moon.   

CRITERIA is all about the background - use stencils, gesso, paint, ink, texture ... whatever you want to make those backgrounds a feature of your page.

Be inspired by our team ...

STINA
I have made a card for this month´s challenge and made the background myself. I started by misting the paper with different tones of pink and purple. After that I put some water drops on. Then I stamped with different kind of stampes and finally I used a mask and some modeling paste to make the flowers.

WENDY
Just like the inspirational artwork I was "over the moon" to catch up with family from overseas and interstate over Easter. We had such a fun few days at our house. In keeping with the celebratory nature of the occasion, I kept my colour palette lighter than that used in the inspirational artwork. I did, however, use lots of stamping and stencilling to create texture on the background. I also included several photos on the page to show how much fun was had by both young and old(er).

TONE-LILL
I just love this month's inspiration picture, it was the Black and White patterns that inspired me and the owl made me think of "free spirit" and this photo of my son. It was such great fun to work on a simple page just using strips of patterned papers and washi tape.

DI
I was inspired by the dark background and twinkle of stars (as well as a favourite bird of mine). I've used a black and white photo of one of my little tawny frogmouths and placed this on a black background. The leaves have been stencilled with modelling paste (mother of pearl colour). I've added gemstones to represent stars and bursts of flowers simillar to those that are on the tree in These have been drawn with a silver sharpie.

LESLEY
I really enjoyed layering this journal cover, I used stamps, template, inks and paints to blend the colours and give a depth of texture. I loved the dark colours used in our inspiration piece and hoe even with all the busy the owl stood out. What messy fun!

JANE

I used various digital techniques to build up my background and then was inspired by the sweet owl to document a memory from my own childhood.

Now it is your turn, we'd love to see what you can do ...

 Remember we happily accept all forms of paper crafting for your entry including digital and encourage international submissions.  All we ask is that you create a new entry for our challenge and you are most welcome to combine with a maximum of two additional challenges.  We offer two prizes determined by team vote and one other prize purely chosen by random draw - so anyone can be a winner regardless of style or level of experience.  You have until 11.55pm on the last day of the month to submit your entry.

Please pop back on the 22nd when we introduce you to our August guest designer, the super talented and very creative Amy Prior.



No comments:

Post a Comment