Pages

Sunday 21 June 2009

More than Mid Way!

This month like all the others is passing in a flash. Two wonderful layouts have appeared in my inbox over the last week or two from Tezza and Natasha :)













The first is Tezza's and this is what she had to say.. I love the title and where it comes from :)
I pondered this one for a while before deciding to use some of the browns, blues & oranges from this artist. I also went for the eclectic styling...well my photo is off centre & when my daughter Bek & I are together we are eclectic mayhem.....lol hence the title. I loved the blocking, almost geometrical look to the artwork.

The second is Natasha's who writes...

When I first saw this months artist, I was immediately inspired by the colours in the painting... the browns & blues, with the touches of white, orange, yellow & black. I happened to have a 'musical' photo in my photo storage box that fit the colours I wanted to use perfectly - thanks to Leroy's pre-school shirt! I've used American Crafts Craft Fair range of PP - just love those little owls. To carry on the music theme I pinched a section of music out of one of hubby's old music mags - was already nice & discoloured - love how this looks.













and a close up of the detail

Fab work!!!!








I want to take the chance to plug another challenge site in this post as well. Currently there is a monthly sketch challenge runnning over at
A-Z scraplets with some great prizes so if you need another excuse to scrap LOL (who doesnt) then head on over and join in :)

2 comments:

  1. awesome layouts Tezza and Natasha....both very different but very cool!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tezza, your layout is gorgeous... I love the detail in the folded patterned paper and the button!

    Tash... what can I say? Your work is always stunning and your little man is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete