Pages

Saturday 14 November 2009

A big welcome to our second new DT member....

Congratulations..........

July Gaceta



I'm July Gaceta from Manila, Philippines. I have been married for 8 years. I have two angels named Kyle and Jean Marie. They helped me open my eyes into new chapter of our lives. That’s when I decided to start scrapbooking to document our journey with my husband, my sisters and myself too, I thought Life is too short to enjoy in every moment.

I just started traditional scrapbooking last January 2009. I have been a digital scrapbooker. I so love this craft that I thought to dabble on how traditional techniques used to create beautiful pages. Then, I started to realize that the creative process for this hobby is so much best for me to escape from my hectic corporate schedule. I love that it gives me new perspective to see things farther than the usual one. This craft is a passion. It gives me so much patience not to give up until I finished what I started.

My style in scrapbooking is experimental. I love to try new things based from previous hobbies I used to enjoy; those are sewing, paper tole, digital art and most especially photography. I thought scrapbooking is perfect to bring together different interests into one beautiful page. I was used to make double-page layout and mini books in digital scrapbooking. With traditional scrapbooking I mostly do 12x12 layouts because it gives me enough space to work on. I always start my page with a sketch. It jump starts my mojo. Since photography is my first-love hobby I can't get enough inspiration from it; I have lots of photos to scrap I'm not even through half of it.

My favorite arstist is Picasso. I love his style, the colours, the modernity, and the simplicity yet triggers me to think beyond what I see. One of my inspiration to know myself better as an artist.

You can visit July's blog here: http://julysweetescape.blogspot.com/

Here are some of July's layouts:

Fit & Fab


Morning Beauty


Strike a Pose

Hi July, I'm happy that you have joined our team and look forward to seeing some fab layouts! The other DT members thought your work was very eye catching. We all love how you use lots of different techniques, and your use of lots of busy patterened paper for striking and beautiful results :)

Please everyone make July feel welcome at ARTastic,

from DT members to all you Followers alike :)

Cheers
Shazza

12 comments:

  1. Wow, that is some amazing work! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. CONGRATS!!!!! Love her lo's! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  3. amazing work!! i'm going to go check out your blog =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous, July - congratulations! :D :D :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. what beautiful creative pages...congrats on the dt posi...i am looking forward to getting to know you better and to working with you on this wonderful site...takwe cre...xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations July! I love your style! Welcome to the fabulous ARTastic team!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. welcome to the team july, look forward to working with you, and your work is awesome, love it

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations, July!!! I look forward to more inspiration from you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations July... your work is amazing! I love the way you use bright and busy patterned paper! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great to have you on board July ! Love your pages ! Congratulations and I hope you'll enjoy being apart of the ARTastic team and blog !
    Cheers:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you very much for the warm welcome. Excited also to work with all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. welcome!!!!!! your layouts are absolutely AMAZING!!!!! i love your style....very creative and one of a kind!!!!looking forward to seeing your take on the different challenges!!!!

    ReplyDelete