Pages

Wednesday 2 June 2010

Wow look at this submission........


Jennifer Campbell - The Boy Grew Older


Dear Shazza,
Here is my June's design team layout! I love this painting... it reminds me of my favorite season, Fall! Unfortunately, I have already scrapped all of my favorite fall pictures, so I decided to choose a picture of my son on his 5th birthday! I used all 3 diva design challenges.... tree, 2 different colored birds, and 3 falling leaves. I combined this layout for this challenge as well as Scrap That Poetry's The Giving Tree challenge! I used the line "the boy grew older". I felt the painting depicted The Giving Tree very well! Thanks for the mojo! I can't wait to see what everyone creates.
Jennifer

Its gorgeous Jennifer and so suited to both themes. I love your cut out tree and your birdies are so cute. The color scheme is definately 'Fall' colors and works really well with the photo of your son. You can pop over to 'Scrap that Poetry and check out the DT's (Yes! I'm one of them and so is Shelee lol) inspiration for the 'Giving Tree'. We would love to see some newbies join in.... here is the link http://scrapthatpoetry.blogspot.com/ - cheers shazza

8 comments:

  1. this is awesome, love it jennifer, love the colours, so close to the painting

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the challenge and Jennifer that tree is awesome. The 3d effect of the branches is inspired. I'm already visiting scrap the poetry Shazza.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a fabulous LO, Jennifer! I just love your tree-the colors and shape of it. And your son is such a cutie!
    Hugs, RobinJ

    ReplyDelete
  4. loving those cute little birds (:

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the autumn tones in your LO Jennifer!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love this and the pattern in the cut tree is just perfect and depicts the bark, I love these papers, would love to know who's they are?? This is gorgeous. Melxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks ladies... the paper is Jillibean Soup!

    ReplyDelete