Pages

Friday 1 October 2010

Here is a monthly submission from Sarah nee Elliott :)

Sarah Cooper - Cleo


Hey Shazza,
I finally got the October LO done.
Sorry it took me longer than expected. It turned out to be a LOT harder to do than I thought... I don't think any tears hit the actual page luckily. I almost changed my mind a few times but the pictures were printed and I really did want to get *this* page done.
~Sarah~

I decided the soft colors of the Artwork lent themselves well to the Memorial Page I've been trying to get done for our much loved bunny Cleo we lost last year. Lots of pinks in there: ribbon, letters, flowers, her favorite blanket and of course the Pink Roses. Birds are hard to see but they are around The Rainbow Bridge Poem. There is also a fair bit of lace across the top and touches of bling here & there.
The Angels called home too soon.

The Rainbow Bridge

There is a bridge connecting heaven and earth. It is called the rainbow bridge because of its many colors. Just this side of the rainbow bridge is a land of meadows, hills and valleys, all of it covered with lush green grass.

When a beloved pet dies, the pet goes to this lovely land. There is always food and water and warm spring weather. There, the old and frail animals are young again. Those who are maimed are made whole once more. They play all day with each other.

There is only one thing missing. They are not with the special person who loved them on earth. So each day they run and play until the day comes when one suddenly stops playing and looks up! The eyes are staring! You have been seen, and that one suddenly runs from the group!

You take her or him into the eyes of your trusting pet.

Then, together, you cross the rainbow bridge, never again to be separated.
Author Unknown


Cleopatra ‘Cleo’

May 2008- February 12th 2009

Our time with you was short, you were taken too soon.

Your passing left a bunny sized hole on our Family.

We will always have your tiny footprints across our hearts.

Oohh Sarah! This is so gorgeous, How nice to do a little memorial page for you beloved Cleo! What a gorgeous bunny :) I love the rainbow bridge poem. Love the added roses and bling :)
A beautiful submission for this challenge :) - Cheer shazza

8 comments:

  1. Oh Sarah I had tears in my eyes just reading the title and then I read the poem and lost it completely! I just love how you have shared this special LO with us this month. I am such a pet lover and I think this tribute to Cleo is so beautiful.

    :) Shelee xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok...I'II be honest I had tears welling aswell, its really lovely to scrap a beloved pet and very special to share this page with all of us :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me too Shazza, I love my dogs and one of them is 14 so I have to sometimes think of the future, dear Sarah I am so sorry for your loss of your beautiful animal. I give you so much credit for doing such a beautiful page for Cleo, her life may have been short but she was so lucky for even the short time she was in your lives. My heart goes out to you dear friend. Melxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a lovely page, Sarah, and a wonderful tribute to your beloved Cleo.
    Hugs, RobinJ

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a beautiful and special page! The poem is the perfect tribute to your gorgeous Cleo! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. How lovely that you could put all your feeling on this LO Sarah, such a warm & gentle LO of your beloved Cleo....our lovely pets really are such a huge part of our lives, aren't they? Beautiful paper you have used & with your roses & bling, a truly great tribute to your bunny.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww, a sad story, but you've made a great page about it! Your flowers are just beautiful!!
    M

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know how it feels to lose a pet and how difficult it is to scrap about him or her. Not only because of the emotions but because you want this page to be just right, perfect even. Well, I think this page IS perfect. Everything about this page shows your love for Cleo and your hope/belief that she's happy now whereever she is. Thanks for sharing Sarah.
    xxx Peggy

    ReplyDelete