Pages

Tuesday 28 December 2010

'The Mystical Nativity' according to......

Nicole (Captain Jack sparrow) - Barn




Hi Shazza!
When I saw you had a challenge to use a stable in your layout I knew I had to participate!  I dug out a bunch of pictures of the barn that my dad built in our backyard.
I noticed in "The Mystical Nativity" Botticelli uses a lot of red, gold, and blue so I tried to stick to that color scheme.  I wanted to make the pictures float above the barn like the angels in the painting.  I drew the barn's floor plan in the letter B, and the barn doors at the bottom open to reveal a little secret about the barn.
Thank you for inspiring me to scrap the setting of so many great memories.
XOXO
Nicole

 Hey Nicole! What a great entry for the challenge and a great idea that you went with.....'The Barn'  is  just perfect and I love all the photos you used (the little goats are so cute!). Love your journaling around the page.The barn you made is awesome! Great work!! - Cheers Shazza

9 comments:

  1. i love the barn, and those pics go perfectly for this challenge, love all of this entry

    ReplyDelete
  2. How clever with the gorgeous barn you made here, love seeing your gorgeous creations each month. Melxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. cool i love the pictures and the barn.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect pictures and I just love that barn with the doors opening ... clever!!! Great entry!
    xxx Peggy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow... how fabulous that you had a chance to scrap these precious memories! The photos and the barn are gorgeous! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a lovely LO, Captain Jack! And how wonderful it is to scrap such great memories! I love your great pictures too. Thanks so much for sharing with us.
    Hugs, RobinJ

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aren't we lucky to have such great memories & be able to scrap them! Love your photos & I too love those little goats too! What a fabulous LO Nicole! Thanks for joining us.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That barn looks fantastic on your LO. Love the pictures of the animals. Very well done!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cool stable, and really lovely journalling elements! Great to see some lovely old memories here.
    M

    ReplyDelete