Pages

Tuesday 8 March 2011

Look at this fabulous entry from a newbie...

Sarah Rogers - Merry Go Round


Hi Shazza,
Have found my way over from screen2scrap so here is my first artistic challenge.
As Lizzy I also thought of the merry go round for this challenge. This is a picture of me and one of my great aunts.
The background is a bit reflective for I used foiled Cardstock and little mirrors off some old Christmas ball decorations. When I think of merry go rounds I do think of mirrors and as I child you would always try to catch a glimpse of yourself as you rode past..

Great challenge, thank you for inspiring me! - Sarah

Sarah this is a Fantastic entry. I love how you have kept it 12 x 12 but not on one piece of card stock (Super idea!)  Love the added sequins along the bottom and the mirror idea was very clever!!! The banner across the page was the perfect addition. What a great photo you used! - Shazza

8 comments:

  1. Welcome Sarah! This is a wonderful LO-what a great memory to catch! Love the reflective background and the little mirrors surounding your frame. Your PP choices are also great.
    Hugs, RobinJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Sarah & lovely you made it over to join us!
    A sweet photo of you & your aunt...it would hold such memories for you. Love your embellishments & colours, a fun & happy LO. The little mirrors are a great touch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sarah, this is a gorgeous layout, I love the stunning papers and the photo is beautiful, what great memories to capture. Melxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to ARTastic Sarah! This is a fantastic layout... the patterned paper is gorgeous, so are all of the beautiful details! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome to ARTAstic SArah! This is so much fun! So perfect that you could capture this memory of yourself -- we so often to forget to scrap ourselves. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sarah! This LO is just fabulous! Those little mirrored pieces are such a nice touch! The photo is beautiful and those circles just pop off the page! Thanks for having a go this month and we hope to see you back again!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome Sarah (great name!) what a wonderful page, sweet photo and the circles just fabulous.
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete