Pages

Friday 29 April 2011

Artist - Debbie Adams

This months artwork 'Autumn Wonder', painted by the artist Debbie Adams.



Born in 1960. I am primarily a self-taught artist. I began drawing at an early age but later my career took a different path. Through the years my love of art has always remained an important part of my life. It was nearly 35 years later that I decided to pursue my dream of becoming an artist. But, it was a rough start for I didn’t know where to begin so I just doodled mostly, stick people as I recall. Pretty bad I know. It got better over time as I searched for help online and found websites and blogs that explained how to draw. So with the best of my understanding I would apply the principles taught the best I could. To my surprise I realized over time that not only was I drawing, I had actually developed my own technique. I finally gave into the notion that I actually was an artist after all.
At the end of 2008 Derwent wrote to me to commission two drawing from me for the Paperworld exhibition in Frankfurt, Germany for Jan.2009, that they needed these drawing to be created with their charcoal and graphite products to demonstrate the use of their products,they also had very definite ideas as to what they wanted me to draw for each piece and with which product. I agreed to their request. I drew them a lighthousewinter scene. After the exhibition they decided to use the Cape Hatteras Lighthouse drawing to use on the packaging of their “6 pack of Natural Graphite Sticks” , and listed me as one of Derwent’s artists. I felt so honored, and actually proud of my progress as an artist. It was my little piece of recognition in the world as an artist. It was my special day.
If you are interested in buying any of my artworks you can contact me to make an offer at mrsmra@gmail.com
Note:
All artworks are the copyright © property of Debbie Adams. All rights reserved,  and my not be copied or reproduce without specific permission.
Here is a  link to Debbie's  website http://debbieadamsart.com and to her art blog http://adamsart.wordpress.com 

Thanks Debbie for allowing us to use your 'Autumn Wonder' painting for inspiration. I hope we get a great array of entries this month. I for one loved this months inspiration using the Autumn colors to fuel my creativity - Shazza 

5 comments:

  1. Debbie, thanks so much for allowing ARTastic to use your wonderful painting as our inspiration piece this month. It is a gorgeous piece. It was also wonderful to learn a little bit about you as well.
    Best regards,
    RobinJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are welcome, Robin, and thank you for you lovey comment on my painting. I hope it brings you much inspiration. I get inspired by just looking at nature.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its a beautiful painting you made Debbie thanks for this great inspiration.
    byebye,lean

    ReplyDelete
  4. A wonderful painting here Debbie, full of wonder & depth.
    It is lovely that it has been our inspiration & hope that our LO's will do it justice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful story about your art journey!

    ReplyDelete