Pages

Wednesday 15 January 2014

December winners and new team inspiration ...

Despite it being such a busy time of the year we had some lovely Christmas entries in December so thank you everyone for taking the time to play along with us.


Congratulations go to ...

  
Chris Sexton who has won the Director's prize.



Random draw prize goes to  Wendy O'Keefe.


Congratulations - please email me at jjjustjane@bigpond.com with your postal details and I will see your prize gets out to you.


Now onto the gorgeous work of our remaining team ...


LESLEY
When I thought about triangles I decided a banner. I chose this paper line due to it's cheerful colour, which matched my girls photos. A nice clean layout to go with the clean lines of the photos.


TONE-LILL
I really liked the diamonds and almost tree like shapes on the inspiration photo and got inspired to make a Christmas LO. The photo is of my niece and nephew on Christmas eve. I used a Basic G. triangle pattern paper and cut out the shapes. A Red core paper was embossed and rubbed to show the brick pattern and covered with stencils and white acrylics before gluing everything on the page. 



Whilst sitting here eating my breakfast after an early morning walk, I did this page for January.  Inspired by the colours of the wall.


DI
I've called this  Diamonds in the Sky... image has been taken from an old decoupage book,  (Title is The Star Lighters) poem from an old poetry book.




For the background layer I used some Distress Inks with a stencil and spritzed with a little Lindy's Stamp Gang color.  I was particularly inspired by the puzzle-like use of the triangles and diamonds and used that idea for the triangle cut-outs in the rays of the star burst.  Since the street art had a great deal of blue, I chose that for my predominant background color.


We'd love to see your interpretations of our inspiration this month.

 Remember we happily accept all forms of paper crafting for your entry including digital and encourage international submissions.  All we ask is that you create an original entry for our challenge although you are most welcome to combine with a sketch and/or colour challenge if you wish.  You have until 11.55pm on the last day of the month to submit your entry.
  

Next week we will be introducing you to our very first guest designer of the year,  the lovely Doreen Vasquez and we will also be getting to know our new creative team members a little better.




No comments:

Post a Comment