Pages

Thursday 15 May 2014

April winners and more May inspiration ...

Welcome to our mid month reveal and the announcement of our April winners.


We'd like to especially thank our sponsors for April,  Julie from The Scrappers GardenJames from Alacraft, and Julie from Time to Create. 

ARTastic followers can enjoy 20% off at Alacraft with discount code ARTS20.

Alacraft has free product giveaways every month. Please visit the site and enter your email address on the homepage or on the page indicated in the link and you will be automatically entered into the draw for $25 of free products for that month. People are welcome to enter as many months as they like, they just need to enter their email address each time.

 Alacraft is a family business originating from an established bricks-and-mortar store and stocks a range of quality materials including lace, ribbon, yarn, scrapbooking supplies, stickers, iron-on motifs, quilting fabric, craft flowers and much more.

  Check out Alacraft today!



Time To Create is a family business. We share a passion to create, share and develop the best that we imagine!  We only stock products that we use and believe in. Our stock is always priced at the keenest costing we can do. We support Australian manufacturers and many Australian suppliers and try to have as wide a variety as possible.

Try us and see.



The Scrappers Garden stock the most delightful flower and handmade papercraft and resin range.  Stop by and be delighted.    


We had some gorgeous entries last month -  a huge thank you to all of you who made time to enter.

Our TOP 3 winners are ...

 Mandysea who has won a $25 gift voucher from Alacraft.


 Lizzy Hill who has won a $15 gift voucher from Time to Create.


Maria who has won a prize pack from Scrappers Garden.


#11  Anita was our random draw winner for April.
20140424-224243.jpg


Congratulations ladies.

Could the winners please contact me at jjjustjane@bigpond.com with their postal details.  Don't forget to grab our winners badge from the sidebar. 

Our team  favourite for April was Deb Kupfer who will receive a little something from me.



Next some more delightful inspiration from the remainder of our design team.  We are working with this painting,  Amarys by Robert Hagan with the added criteria of Mother and Child.


I'd like to say a fond farewell to team member Leanne Kroschel who leaves us this month.  It has been wonderful having you on the team Leanne and we all wish you well in wherever life takes you.

Inspired by the soft muted feel of this artwork and the feathery look of the grasses.


This painting was wonderful. I loved the colours and the mother-daughter theme!

AUBRIE
My son is my ray of sunshine, so I wanted a page that would be happy and fun, with lots of primary colors.  The sky, sun, and grass were all created using different techniques with bleeding art paper.  Stop by next month for our 3T's and I will show you exactly how I did it!  

I have always had a close bond with my Mum, but we don't get many photos together. This photo, while not the best, shows me just how similar we are and it really makes me grateful for having her as a Mum. I wouldn't be who I am today if not for her! I decided to go with simple colours as I wanted to photo to really stand out. Love you Mum xxooxx

JANE

I have so few photographs of me with my Mother - due to the cost we just didn't take many when I was little.  I smile when I think of the several hundred images most people in this digital age will take of a single event - my entire babyhood can be found contained within a single packet of black and white photographs.  I guess it just makes each one more treasured.  I've tried to pick up the colours from the painting and replicate that soft, muted feel.

TONE-LILL

As it is Mother and Child as a criteria this month, it was perfect to use this photo of my niece and sister, still making pages for my niece's album. It was the flowers on the dresses from the inspiration picture that inspired made me to make a page with lots of flowers, as well as using a similar colour palette.

DI
 I was inspired by the beauty of nature, serenity and the love shown in Robert Hagan's art.  As my background paper was so full of the colours in the painting, I decided to keep the flowers a neutral colour. These have been die cut from organza's and mulberry bark. A couple of purchased hessian flowers were also used.


Such beautiful pages - we have certainly had some standout work from the team this month.  Thank you everyone.

Now we'd love to see YOUR interpretations of our inspiration this month.

 Remember we happily accept all forms of paper crafting for your entry including digital and encourage international submissions.  All we ask is that you create a new entry for our challenge although you are most welcome to combine with a sketch and/or colour challenge if you wish.  You have until 11.55pm on the last day of the month to submit your entry.
  

Next week we will be introducing you to our May guest designer, Stina Westbom.



4 comments:

  1. Oooh! Just saw I was a winner....THANK YOU....& I huge I'm in EXCELLENT company, too:):) congrats girls!!!! And what a GORG new challenge....great inspiration as always:):)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hee hee Lizzy - I SAW you were a winner too! (wink!) LOL....
    Congrats to everyone! Lovely LO's!
    Thanks so much for my win too - I'm stoked!

    ReplyDelete