Pages

Friday 1 August 2014

And then it was August ...

My goodness where has this year gone?  August already? now how did that happen?

This month we are being inspired by this wonderful piece of fabric art "Gypsy Caravan" by Kristen Doran.




Criteria is to use fabric in some way on your layout.


And remember,  adding fabric can be as simple as using ribbon, lace, fabric covered buttons or fabric flowers 


A little about Kristen Doran

Kristen produces unique screen printed textile designs on natural fabrics. With a background in fashion and graphics, Kristen has created a range of products and fabrics that are both bold and whimsical. Get crafty and buy some fabrics to whip up a simple project for your home. The aim of Kristen Doran Design is to make sewing contemporary and fun.  All Kristen Doran Design fabrics are designed and screen printed in Sydney using environmentally friendly inks.


Please visit her SHOP - you will fall in love - guaranteed!! 



This month we have two main sponsors - each offering a $15 voucher to their stores.


 Julie from Time to Create






and Donna from Mystical Scrapbooks

and of course every month we also offer a prize pack totally by random draw.




This month we bid a sad farewell to one of our design team treasures, Maja Stokk who leaves us after a lengthy stint on the team.  We will miss you Maja and your gorgeous mixed media pages.  We hope you will pop back now and again to see us.


And now some delightful fabric inspired layouts from our amazing team ....

ELAINE
I love the gypsy caravan on the inspirational piece and scrapbooked our own little camping trip we did family. I also used the colours from the painting for my page. I used fabric for my buttons and the lollipop flower at the bottom.


I love fabric  and when I can use it in a mixed media piece that's even more interesting.
On my reverse canvas I have used glorious upholstery pieces to create a rich backgrounds for "Strawberries and Cream" a reverse canvas piece that is 45cm Square.


To see more please visit my BLOG.






This month, from the inspiration picture, I have taken the house and flowers, plus the colour, blue and have made a house-shaped mini-album. The covers have been made from canvas, and each page either has die-cut denim and / or burlap flowers, ribbon or die-cut fabric leaves.

 Most of the photographs in the album were taken when or house was being built, some 36 years ago. One of the photos still holds poignant memories, as this was the last photo taken of my dad. He had cancer and wanted to see the house, even though it wasn't completed, before he grew too ill to travel. 


HELENE
 I used two fabric hearts and the colors in the inspiration piece. I have also used a photograph of a train on my page which is close to a caravan I guess!


DEB
Please pop back on the 8th to see how Deb has put this absolutely delightful page together.


Please upload the DIRECT link to your actual entry with the link tool on the LEFT by 11.55pm on August 31st, 2014. We'd love to see your new paper, digital, or off the page entries.  Please no back-dated submissions.  You may combine with a sketch and/or colour/technique challenge and international entries are always welcome.   Remember we are Australian based so you need to allow for the different time zones - if in doubt check our clock.  

Please pop back on the 8th for The ARTastic 3T's - Tips, Tricks and Techniques brought to you this month by our super talented team member, Deb Kupfer.  I am sure you will love seeing her in action.



3 comments:

  1. Wonderful projects from the DT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely inspiration, & fabulous projects by the DT....off to have a scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great inspiration!! I wish I could scrap...but no scrap with the complete renovation of our house...

    ReplyDelete