Pages

Thursday 15 October 2015

Our mid October reveal ...

Welcome to our mid month reveal.   We are working with this beautiful painting by E Phillips Fox called The Green Parasol (1912).


CRITERIA this month is VINTAGE style

WENDY
This vintage layout is of my maternal great grandmother who passed away 45 years before I was born. I used this photo because I love the outfit, the hair do, and the formal setting of the photos of that time. It always makes me think of times long gone, which is the same effect I have when I look at the inspirational artwork. I’m so happy that I can combine my love of scrapbooking with my love of family history as I have done here. The lady in the painting looks so relaxed and casual, unlike my lady, but the idea of my great grandmother being surrounded by flowers pleases me. “The Green Parasol” also inspired my colour scheme.

STINA
This was a really beautiful painting! In my card I was inspired by the soft colors and the beautiful flowers.

ANNA
I was inspired of the green in the picture, the dress and flowers. I tried to go a bit romantic with the feel of my page.  The photo is an old one of me when I did my graduation 1994!

MARY
 I was inspired by the colours in the painting.

TONE-LILL
I was inspired by the beautiful flowers in this painting and I've added in some small vintage style embellishments and fabric to complete my page.

JANE
and another layout from me this month

I loved the soft green the artist used in this painting - it just makes the scene feel so peaceful.  A perfect colour to use for this double page wedding spread. 



Now it is your turn, we'd love to see what you can do ...

 Remember we happily accept all forms of paper crafting for your entry including digital and encourage international submissions.  All we ask is that you create a new entry for our challenge and you are most welcome to combine with a maximum of two additional challenges.  We offer two prizes determined by team vote and one other prize purely chosen by random draw - so anyone can be a winner regardless of style or level of experience.  You have until 11.55pm on the last day of the month to submit your entry.

Please pop back on the 22nd when we introduce you to our October guest designer, the very talented  Kim Ewins.

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous vintage layouts ladies, I love vintage :)
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. What gorgeous inspirational layouts for everyone

    ReplyDelete