Pages

Monday 22 February 2016

Please welcome our February guest ...

Heather McMahon with her gorgeous take on our challenge this month.




“I was really inspired by the stunning colours and the spray-type effect of the background on the painting so I used Colour Crush, a soon-to-be-released product from Tinby Designs, to achieve a similar effect. My title and subject matter came from the feathers in the painting. My daughter and her bestie look nothing like each other but their personalities are so similar! All the paint I used was white – I stencilled with it, used it behind some of my Colour Crush and I used a white paint pen on my chippie feathers.”


I have been scrapping for more years now than I want to think about! Colour is my passion and I love using it in various ways to reflect the feel of the photos I use. I have been a Scrapbooking Memories Master, I write articles for magazines and am on a number of Design Teams including The Dusty Attic, Scrappy Chat Designs and Tinby Designs and am one of the founders of the More Than Words online challenge. I love sharing new ideas and playing with products and I’m delighted to be a Guest Designer here at ARTastic!


Here are some more recent examples of my work.



Thank you for joining us this month Heather.  We have loved having you part of the team.

Remember ....

You still have time until the end of the month to upload your own take on this challenge.  All details are on the blog sidebar. We'd love to see what you can do with our inspiration this month.






8 comments:

  1. Welcome Heather as GD for ARTastic. Wow ! your take on the challenge is fabulous, really love this and can see the inspiration of the movement and feathers. Just brilliant
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heather, this layout is stunning!! I love everything about it!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely STUNNING work....totally loooove those colours & how you've used them in your LO.... SUCH a fan of your work...MWAH to all 3 gorgeous LOs....& can't wait to see more of the Colour crush!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lizzy - I'm sure you'll see more of it soon!

      Delete
  5. What an inspirational page on the 'Green Lorikeets' challenge! Congrats on your DT spot!

    ReplyDelete