Pages

Monday 1 February 2016

Welcome to February ...

This month our inspirational artwork is this wonderfully vibrant  painting by Cathy McClelland called Green Lorikeets.


CRITERIA is the use of PAINT on your work

A little about Cathy McClelland ...

Cathy McClelland is an Australian landscape and wildlife artist whose inspiration is drawn from own rural lifestyle and experiences in the Australian bush. Her paintings, of the contemporary realism genre, are an exuberant, light filled expression of the wonder and delight she has found in the great outdoors. Cathy works in acrylic, water colour, oil and mixed media.

And now some inspiration from the first group of our team ...

LIZZY
I was inspired by the colours, layering technique and images merging with the background. I made some cards after I created the background paper.

AN'JENIC
I wanted to capture the colors.

ELAINE
 I picked up mainly on the highlight green and used this with my page. I painted the background behind my photo using watercolours . For my title I first used gesso over the chipboard and then painted it green.

SUE
I was inspired by the bright colours, 'floaty effects' and the bird! The bubbles are silver paint mixed with gel medium and I have painted the wooden bird and title word.

TRACEY
 i have been dying to try the shaving cream technique for a background and I immediately thought of it when I viewed this painting.

HELENE
I loved this painting, and it inspired me to add acrylic paint to the background with a spatula.

MARIA
Inspired by the crazy bright colors in the artwork!  My own inspiration - children's smile, in which there are all the colors in the world!  I used embossed white powder and Ranger ink sprays for the background.  Very little paper is used.

Over to you ......

Please upload the DIRECT link to your actual entry with the link tool on the LEFT by 11.55pm on February 29th, 2016 (yes it's a leap year!).  We'd love to see your new paper, digital, mixed media or off the page entries. Why not try doing a pocket page spread?  Please no back-dated submissions.  

 Please note:- You may combine our challenge with a sketch challenge only - no other combining will be accepted.  Please include our inspirational picture and challenge details on your blog post as well as provide a link back to us at ARTastic  ... and don't forget to tell us how you were inspired by our challenge.  You may enter more than once in any month as long as each submission is with a different creation.  International entries are very welcome. 


Please call past on the 8th for our announcement of the January winners and our ARTastic 3T's - Tips, Tricks and Techniques for February brought to you this month by team member Lizzy Hill





2 comments:

  1. All so different and fabulous take on the challenge
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous piece of inspirational art, and the design team have created even more inspiration. You can go in so many directions with this cannot wait

    ReplyDelete