Pages

Tuesday 15 March 2016

More March inspiration ...

Welcome to our mid month reveal. We are working with this super cute and quirky painting by Mia Taninaka called Oh The Wise One.


CRITERIA - Wood Veneer


ANGELIKA

 I was inspired by the painted wood, so I painted and embossed wood hearts. I was also inspired by the black outlines of the painted part, so I've included a lot of black elements.

TONE
 I was inspired by the brown wood color and the owl.

MARY
This is my grandson playing in Cook Park, next to the massive old tree he looks so little. 

and I also created a card (no guesses required as to what inspired me!)


ANNA

Inspiration : wood background, the owl, the colors and the title of the artwork. I have used several wood veneers.smile emoticon

KAT
The dark outlines and solid colours remind me of colouring in so I made a BTP caddy and handmade colouring in book for my son. I used a wood veneer paper for the background and added lots of fussy cut owls.

KAREN

My inspiration is obviously the cute owl!

JANE

Inspired by the use of white space in the artwork and the overall design layout.  I have used a stamped image of flowers to replicate the tree branches in the art.


Now it is your turn, we'd love to see your own interpretation ...

 Remember we happily accept all forms of paper crafting for your entry including digital and encourage international submissions.  All we ask is that you create something new for our challenge and only combine your entry with a sketch challenge.  We offer two prizes determined by team vote and one other prize selected purely by random draw - so anyone can be a winner regardless of style or level of experience.  You have until 11.55pm on the last day of the month to submit your entry.


Please pop back on the 22nd when we introduce you to our March Guest Designer.

No comments:

Post a Comment