Pages

Monday 8 May 2017

April winners / May tutorial ...

I will be announcing our April winners shortly but first I would like to introduce you to our Tips, Tricks and Techniques for April brought to you by team member, Anna Uhras.

Step by step by Anna Uhras

Today I will share a step by step tutorial of how I made one of my layouts from the end of 2016.
The technique for my background is pretty easy but you got a striking result.

This is nothing I usually do but sometimes it is fun to try something different and you can even use this technique for cardmaking.

I picked some different Distress inks and used my distress ink tool to apply the lovely colors just randomly.

It looked like this when I was done.

Now I wrote some swirls with a glue-pen and applyed some clear embossing powder.
(I also stamped some stars and "splatters" with an ordinary embossing ink pad)
The powder I used is UTEE and that gives you extra thick embossed motifes.
(I use my heat gun as it is heat embossing)

After that I use a black Distress ink with my Distress ink tool to cover the whole page but as you have clear embossed those swirls they will resist the black ink and stay in the bright colors underneath.

Here you can see how it turnes out.

To help the swirls to pop i take a babywipe and wipes away the overage black ink from the pattern.

I love the result, those bright happy colors against the black is soo cool.

Now it is time to arrange your papers and embellies and finish your page.

I think the background worked very well for this photo of the castle at Disney Land.

Here is the whole page.

Hope you have gotten some inspiration here today.

Can't wait to see your interpretation of this months challenge.

Anna xo

now onto our April winners .....  thank you to all who played along with us last month.

Our main winner for April is #2 Brenda Caldow with this amazing page.



Our random draw winner is #7 Robyn

Donated by Judy Willey

 Congratulations ladies.

Could the winners please contact me on jjjustjane@bigpond.com with their postal details. You have until the announcement of the winners for next month to do so. Don't forget to grab our winners badge from the sidebar. 

Our Creative Team highlight from last month is Tanya with her delightful layout.  She will receive a little surprise something from me.



Please don't forget to enter this month's ARTastic challenge. All the details are in the left sidebar. Remember you have until the end of the month to submit your entry.

5 comments:

  1. Wow Anna, great tutorial and impressive result! Thanks for posting it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great tutorial and lovely candy, a big congrats to winners, thanks for running this challenge
    Shaz in Oz.x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow thank you so much. I'm so proud to be the lucky winner. I love your challenges. Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Anna, what a fabulous technique! Thanks so much for sharing it :) I've pinned it to try out for myself.

    ReplyDelete